Thursday 28 June 2012

What's Been Happening?

What has been happening?  Not much.  Well, lots and lots of not much, which - if you know what I mean - may be translated as "heaps of stuff, none of which I can specifically recall, or that seems especially relevant."

So I'll update in pictures, cos they're pretty and have, you know, colours n stuff.

Niamh has specifically been asking for "jobs" to do, lately (as in Montessori activities), so I have been obliging by coming up with a whole heap.  It's amazing how timely her request is, since she would have been starting school, if we'd kept her enrolled at the local Montessori.  I am still very much on the "unschooling" pathway, but I figure if she's asking for Montessori-type things to do, then I am merely making good on her requests.

A sticker matching activity (pardon the mess on the floor - created when she up-ended a jar of animal stickers while doing the activity I made for her).  She has to match the numbers written on each card, using her foam number stickers.




A close-up of the activity components,  The cards and the little pink bowl of stickers all pack away in the wooden box:



Niamh has been asking about the days of the week etc lately, so we made a calendar:


A traditional Montessori job - the hanging bead stair (except in our house, Niamh teaches the duck toys how to do it...)


Some free time at the park in between rain, rain, rain:



Making numbers up to 19:


Going to Penguin Island on a boat:


And so much more.

Can't believe my little baby is going to be 3 in just a few short weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment